Monday, May 23, 2011

Grass Killer

A couple of weeks ago, I finally did something about the dandelions growing in my yard.  I knew better than to use roundup since my father still makes fun of women for leaving dead spots in their lawns.  So I got out the weedkiller specifically designed for use on lawns.
On one side of my driveway, the lawn is only a few feet wide, and it blends right in with my neighbor's grass.  I felt guilty about the dandelions growing in her yard since they most likely came from mine.  (She is very particular about her yard.  Okay, so really she's obsessive about it).  So I also sprayed some of the dandelions in her yard too.

A week and a half later, yellow spots started appearing where I had sprayed. 

Not actual image of my grass, but it looked just like this.
I felt awful.  I was sure she was going to kill me.  But, on the other side of the driveway, they lawn was fine.  Plus I had sprayed a lot more weeds over there.  I figured that maybe it was just a different kind of grass on that side.  I thought that maybe she might be forgiving if that was the case.   I hadn't run into her yet to apologize. 

Today I went out to get the mail and she was out in her yard.  When she saw me she looked ashamed and said, "You aren't supposed to be out here.  Go inside."   Then she proceeded to tell me about how she had accidentally used the roundup to kill the weeds on her lawn.


And being the kind neighbor that she is, she also sprayed the weeds on my part of the lawn.  I was so relieved it wasn't me; I found it pretty hilarious.

And the best part;  She used spray paint to 'fix' the dead spots! 



My neighbor killed my lawn, and then spray painted it green!




This may not be a funny story to anyone else, but I'm still laughing. 

3 comments: