Saturday, November 13, 2010

Non-Toxic

We wanted to let Adam paint his pumpkins this year, but I didn't have any kids paints.  So I changed my clothes, put Adam in an old t-shirt of mine, and had Eric steer clear.  I covered the upholstery on his chair and let him go to town, thinking I had covered all the bases.  I was right there with him, so nothing could go wrong, right?


Then I hear a little voice, "ucky!"   So I immediately wiped wiped out his mouth, finally realizing why children's paint is non-toxic.  He also had to try some of the other colors to make sure that they were just as ucky.    

The next trip to Wal-Mart, we were sure to pick up some kids paint.  Now I know: even when kids are past the everything-goes-in-my-mouth stage, bright colors are still enticing.  And although some child friendly things may be overboard just to avoid being sued; others are there for good reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment